SERVING SIMCOE COUNTY SINCE 1943

History 2016-10-27T19:08:15+00:00

Our History

Romeo J. Asselin
Romeo J. AsselinFounder
Ronald Asselin
Ronald AsselinPresident

Our Brokerage was established in 1943 under the name of Romeo Asselin.  A few years later the name was changed to R.J. Asselin Insurance.  Our founder, Romeo J. Asselin began his career as a general insurance agent and operated a fully bilingual family-run business out of his home in the village of Perkinsfield Ontario, approximately 8 km from Penetanguishene.

In 1952 Romeo Asselin purchased the building located at 15 Robert Street West in Penetanguishene and opened his store front office of R.J. Asselin Insurance.

In 1966, Ronald Asselin (son of Romeo) joined the Brokerage as a Producer (sales representative).   In 1972 R.J. Asselin Insurance became a limited company and the name was changed to Asselin Insurance Brokers Limited.

In 1983 Romeo Asselin retired and Ronald Asselin became the new owner.  In 1986 under new management, the business installed their first computer system (age of technology).

In 1987, Asselin Insurance purchased the business of Vince Moreau Insurance Brokers Limited and Rick Moreau and his staff joined the Asselin Team.

Asselin Insurance continued to grow and expand it’s business operations and in 2006 they purchased the business of Murphy Insurance Services.

Asselin Insurance strives to build and maintain strong, long-lasting professional relationships with their customers and they are proud to have served Penetanguishene and surrounding communities for over 72 years.